Today marks a serious step for YAL in a new direction. This morning, I walked over to the post office to mail a very important letter: YAL's application to become a tax deductible non-profit.
And later this month, I'll be filing a second important application for YAL to create an affiliated Political Action Committee (PAC), so we can publicly endorse pro-liberty candidates running for office in 2012.
So, Mr. Messamore, today I'm emailing you to give a brief explanation of the significant ways these developments will expand YAL's fight for liberty in 2012:
* YAL's nonprofit status will allow 75-80% of our activities to be supported with tax-deductible donations, giving you a tax write-off for your contribution
* These new divisions within YAL's organization will help me to better allocate funds to expand our educational and civics training programs and hire much-needed new staff
* Through the affiliated PAC, YAL will be able to publicly endorse and bundle money for principled, viable liberty candidates -- like Rep. Ron Paul, Sen. Rand Paul, Sen. Mike Lee, and Rep. Justin Amash -- to increase YAL's impact and your influence in the important upcoming elections
* YAL's current political nonprofit organization will survey candidates in key elections for state and local office, so you'll know who to support in your region
* YAL will continue to expand our presence and stronghold on America's campuses with the goal of forming 300 YAL chapters and recruiting 50,000 youth activists next year
These changes -- YAL's tax-deductible status and our affiliated PAC -- are important steps for 2012, especially for our generous donors.
So, I'm rushing before the end of this year to complete the paperwork and inform you of this important announcement, because I want to give you the opportunity to make a tax-deductible donation for 2011.
These new developments within YAL will enhance our programs and budget. In fact, next year, YAL's budget will more than double from this year.
As a result, my staff and I are asking for your serious consideration of your largest contribution yet. It's the only way YAL will be able to meet our budget goals for next year.
So far, several of YAL's donors have pledged their support. One supporter is giving a tax-deductible donation of $50,000 and another is giving $25,000 before the end of this year. My goal is to raise $250,000 before January 1st, so I can confidently forecast our activities and programs next year.
Therefore, I would like to ask for your tax-deductible support today of $250.
I know this is a significant amount to request, Mr. Messamore, but I wouldn't be asking if I weren't convinced about the impact you and I can make in 2012.
Please thoughtfully consider this amount before the end of this year, because I want to afford you the opportunity to write-off this donation in 2011.
Thank you profoundly for building YAL into the premier youth organization in the country. But, I believe we have only begun to scratch the surface as we look at the enormous potential for our cause in 2012.
If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, please reply to this email, and I'll do my best to respond.
Executive Director, YAL
P.S. -- If you would like to mail your contribution rather than make a donation online, please make your check out to "Young Americans for Liberty" and send it to:
Young Americans for Liberty
P.O. Box 2751
Arlington, VA 22202
Editor in Chief, THL
Articles | Author's Page